Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday July 13, 2009- Transporting baby calf to Animal sanctuary

It's been a while since I've written. A lot has happened. The baby boy were were originally going to adopt with Regina was euthanized 2 weeks ago because he slipped and fell, and apparently he was not going to be allowed with a broken foot. I felt very sad about this. Regina is gaining more weight and seems to be getting along better around her human friends.. Now for some sad news... On Monday July 6, 2009, Nandi, a male calf along with his sister Ananda, were both born in a slaughterhouse in Chino, CA... Their mothers were butchered the same day. I don't know if they recieved colostrum, which is crucial the first 2 days of birth for babies to receive. I saw them in the auction pen on Wednesday and adopted them. They have been at a stockyard since then, and on Sunday I went to visit them and give them water. They both seemed okay. This morning the baby calf Ananda was found dead. Possibly from heat exhaustion. I cried my eyes out this morning, and made some phone calls. I was able to transport the male, Nandi in my car and took him to an animal sanctuary in Acton, CA. He is doing a little better, although is still very week. If you are reading this, send him a little prayer. As for Regina, tomorrow, we will tranport her to this temporary sanctuary, until we find a permanent home for the Nandi & Friends Animal Sanctuary! Thanks for reading... love, Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment